We are a team of young and dynamic idealists who want to make our dreams come true. If you think you are a creative type of person and would like to embark on the same journey to materialize your dreams, we would like to talk to you. We are in the forefront of home living and soft furniture industry with more than ten years of international exposures and experiences.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXPERT
jobsDB Ref. JID200003001668511
The Product Development Expert is working under the management of our R&D department and to ensure coordination of the R&D function. He/She is responsible for controlling and coordinating the product development and ensure samples of the highest possible quality are developed for our showroom and for our customers. The Product Development Officer must develop and maintain effective liaison with both internal and external customers to ensure customer service needs and expectations are met.
- Control the operations for the Sample Workshop, control the sample production cost & raw material purchase cost (for sample production) to achieve target cost, improve the quality of samples to maximize sales, improve production efficiency of workshop and ensure on-time delivery of all samples.
- Act as the communicator between Workshop and Design team, and help ensure the best design for later production.
- Be responsible for Accuracy and On-time delivery of drawings and other necessary documents to workshop/QC team and suppliers.
- Source new suppliers for Hardware/Metal/Paint to achieve the target of design.
- Manage internal Color System.
- Work with Design team and TIF on cost calculation & work with suppliers to achieve the target Purchase Price.
- Lead NPI (new product introduction) process inside of the company and ensure follow up the actions are completed.
- Work with the QC team/Purchase to approve pre-production samples.
- Involved in Supplier Performance Review and New Supplier Evaluation.
- Work with Suppliers/QC team to find out potential opportunities for Production Efficiency Improvement.
At least 4-8 years experience of product development in the Soft Furniture industry.
- Knowledge of Raw Materials and their market prices, such as Wood/Metal/Paint/Upholstery materials/Packaging.
- Strong knowledge of production process of Furniture (Wood/Metal/Upholstery), good knowledge of product development of Furniture.
- Strong leadership skills in both Operational (Workshop) and Office environments, good knowledge of labor cost and production cost analysis.
- Can understand the company business model and add value to the business.
- Experience of annual budgeting and budget control.
- Excellent communication skill, inside/outside the company.