Other companies make products. We make a difference!
Promoting safe living and working environments
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
jobsDB Ref. JID400003003078865
Under minimal supervision, sets up and performs a variety of tests within areas of responsibility where basic knowledge of the underlying scientific and engineering fundamentals is required (preferably have experience of testing socket and plug - based on SNI standard). Provide feedback regarding tests and data sheets. May plan tests; evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations.
- Examines test samples and read blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
- Build and/or adapt setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
- Operate designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
- Record observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests; evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in related discipline.