PT UA Indonesia Sourcing
Under Armour footwear
SIR. ENGINEERING MANAGER
jobsDB Ref. JID200003001667982
Sr. Product Engineering Manager – Indonesia
Reports to: Senior Director, Engineering
Welcome to our House. Under Armour footwear Product Engineering Manager, is an expert engineer that lead, mentor, drive and execute all aspects of footwear engineering construction and processes at all stages of development, commercialization and production as requirement by the assigned footwear categories. Role require focusing on collaboration between HQ, LO and UA T1 and T2 suppliers, and provide the highest technical services to deliver the outmost footwear product quality, technology, on-time delivery and price.
- Manage the product engineering during development, commercialization and production activities for the category of assignment in collaboration with the Tier 1 (T1) factory development, commercialization and technical team.
- Work with the T1 Development and Commercialization teams to conduct all Development and commercialization trials in accordance with category confirmation (development and design specifications), while emphasizing product performance and integrity
- Provide constructive product engineering feedback with options and suggestions early in the development process, with a focus during product tear down review meetings.
- Elevate all potential risks that may affect product quality or delivery timelines to Category Leader.
- Ensure all development and commercialization stages are executed according to policies and procedures, following the commercialization calendar to allow for on time production start, while not compromising on product quality, cost and delivery.
- Providing technical support to different functional departments with regards to development, planning, costing, tooling, chemical, last, pattern.
- Participate in building UA factories Direct Development capabilities in the area of footwear construction and processes. Asses UA factories staffing and skill requirements and build a strong engineering and QA teams and empower factory engineers to independently develop and commercialized product directly with UA HQ categories
- Develop in collaboration with Automation/industrial Engineers, T1, T2, LO and Machinery Vendors manufacturing technologies and processes that improve manufacturing efficiency and consistency. (E.g. Assembly processes, bonding systems, computer stitching, automation, etc.)
- Lead the transition from innovation to inline development and production. Provide feedback with option and suggestion to ensure highest level of product functionality and manufacturability are met.
- Consolidate UA technical standards among different factories, different teams, setting up and updating Tech Manuals to level the standards.
- Support ME and Lean initiative
- Establish commercialization process and calendar aligned with product development lifecycle and production timelines. Ensure products are fully commercialized on time and in full to the target price and in accordance with the design and technical requirements.
- Understand and implement all transfer policies ensuring product integrity is maintained at all times with minimal or no delay in production timing.
- Take on additional tasks and responsibilities as agreed upon with the category leader
- Use good judgment in all situations in determining when to be principle centered vs. policy driven following the spirit of the UA Standards.
- Use good judgment in all situations in determining when to be principle centered vs. policy driven following the spirit of the UA Standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- At least 5-7 years’ experience working in the footwear industry in a technical capacity (strong understanding of footwear manufacturing – pattern engineering, mold making, grading, material processing, etc.)
- Preferably holds a degree in a post-secondary discipline (ex. Associate’s degree, B.A, etc).
- Excellent English skills. Should have at least 5-7 years’ experience in working with a multi-national company.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence in Chinese and English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from their counterparts at UA HQ, their team mates, factory partners, various groups of vendor representatives, clients, customers and the general public