Head of Designer (Fashion) - based in Jakarta
jobsDB ref: JID200003001642188
Employer Ref. 3828360/001
As the head of designer, you will be responsible to launch new collections on a weekly basis, with new designs and proposals to improve our clients' products. This role is to be based in Jakarta.
One of our clients, an Indonesian-based company is looking for a top-notch head of designer to join their dynamic team. Recently, they have made a lot of investment in technology, and are launching their new business unit, fashion vertical business. With the new investment, they will be launching their own product line, and the head of designer will be responsible to lead a team, and also able to work independently to create the prototypes of the new products.
As the head of designer, you will be responsible to launch new collections on a weekly basis, with new designs and proposals to improve our clients' products. Other responsibilities include:
- Studying the fashion trends and anticipating designs that will be appealing to consumers.
- Working with other designers and team members to create a prototype design.
- Selecting the necessary materials to create the designs, and ensuring that production cost is within the budget.
- Overseeing the whole production designs.
- Presenting design ideas and marketing the designs to the consumers.
- Working closely with merchandising and procurement team to define the new collections.
- Creating a conducive working environment within the department.
- Developing and coaching team members.
- Approving the prototypes before it goes for production.
Our client is looking with impressive portfolio. English communication in both verbal and written is a must, and you must have prior working experience as a designer in global retail fashion brands. Other requirements include:
- At least 3 years of working experience as a fashion designer.
- Bachelor degree is a must, and you must present digital portfolio of your projects.
- International exposure (education or working) is a plus, and would be highly preferred.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a great personality and ability to make decisions.
- Self-starter and initiative, and the ability to work in fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Hands-on, and work within tight deadlines.
- High commitment, motivation and flexibility.
- Maturity to communicate with the leadership team.
As the most senior person in the team, you will be given the opportunity to lead a team, and part of the leadership team. Other benefits include attractive remuneration, and health benefits in the fun working environment.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Imeiniar Chandra on +62 21 2958 8832
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.co.id