Eaton is a $22 billion power management company. We help customers worldwide manage the power they need for buildings, aircraft, trucks, cars, machinery and businesses. And we do it in a way that consumes fewer resources.
We currently have an opening for Environment Health and Safety Manager in our Batam operations and would like to invite a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join us.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
jobsDB Ref. JID400003000990600
- Responsible to direct the plant EHS team in achieving the targets and objectives set by Corporate. You are responsible to direct development, maintenance, and achievement of the goals and objectives in support of strategic initiatives designed to produce high level performance.
- You will facilitate processes and provides technical and administrative assistance such as, ergonomic evaluations, and energy conservation surveys to ensure compliance with HSE regulations and Corporate management of HSE requirements. You will also need to give specific attention to evaluate and ensure compliance with local HSE requirements.
- You will develop, facilitate and participate in forums for knowledge transfer and best practices sharing along with general integration of HSE programs across the plant operations including integration of Corporate and Sector level HSE initiatives.
- You will establish strategic goals and objectives along with timely and accurate reporting mechanisms in support of Corporate and Sector direction.
- You will facilitate fiscally and socially responsible methods of reducing the environmental footprint of the plant operations.
- You will continuously identify, assess, reduce and eliminate HSE risk (including security risk).
- You will lead the plant HSE to establish and maintain relationships with governmental authorities on matters of mutual concern including voluntary certification (eg. ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 etc.), maintenance of environmental permits, submission of required reports and maintenance of HSE database.
- You will establish development, training and certification requirements for HSE personnel or employees who are tasked to have close collaborations with HSE department within the plant operations.
- You will oversee and consolidate investigation of incidents (including near misses, releases, and losses) and accidents to determine root causes and prepares and directs corrective and preventive action plans as appropriate.
- You will establish common practices and procedures for HSE to drive increased performance and efficiency.
- You will assist the plant management team in responding to emergency situations dealing with the environment, employees and the community.
- You will comply with Corporate’s ethics policy and keep management informed of issues associated with regulatory compliance.
- You will assist in the recruitment, hiring and retention of HSE personnel in the plant if any.
Specialized Skills/Knowledge :
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence disparate audiences including production employees, government officials, mid-level to senior corporate executives, suppliers and contractors.
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage eg. in managing varied interests representing potential conflicts.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing technologies, processes and financial systems.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial chemistry and waste control and elimination technology and practices.
- Sound comprehension of local and global environmental, health and safety requirements for manufacturing industry.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to simultaneously manage and track large number of projects through completion.
- Strong team building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
- Highly motivated, independent, resourceful and possess good leadership and managerial skills.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor Degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Discipline, Engineering or Equivalent. Master Degree would be an advantage.
- Post graduate professional certification related to HSE is essential.
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience in manufacturing plant operations, environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, email size shall be not larger than 300 kb.
Please email detailed resume stating your current and salary expectation enclosed with a recent photograph.