FAQ - Job Seeker
To create a job alert, click the Job Alert tab on the top panel
Specify the job search criteria and frequency on this page. Job Alert frequency defines the regularity of job alert e-mails to be sent to you. It can be sent daily or weekly. For weekly job alert e-mails, they are sent out on the same weekday as your job alert subscription day every week. For example, if you subscribe to the weekly job alert e-mail on Monday, you will receive job alert e-mails every Monday.
Click the Subscribe button to confirm your subscription.
It may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The system cannot find any jobs for the job alert criteria you defined. Try to check if you have spelt any keywords incorrectly, or re-specify your job alert criteria by eliminating some of conditions. You may click the Show me jobs matching this profile now link in the Job Alert creation confirmation page to check how many jobs are returned based on your job alert criteria.
- Job alert e-mails include only newly posted jobs matching your job alert criteria since the last job alert e-mail. If you are subscribing to a daily job alert and you receive job alert e-mails only every few days, there may be a great chance that no new jobs were posted in the past few days that match the job alert criteria you specified. If this is an issue to you, you may consider revising the job alert criteria to include more jobs.
- Sometimes e-mail service providers would misclassify e-mails from JobsDB as spam e-mails. Please see if the job alert e-mail falls into your Spam / Junk mail folder.
- If you would like to change your registered e-mail address, login the system with your existing e-mail address and password, click the MyJobsDB tab and click the Account Settings link. Change your e-mail address in the E-mail Address field, and then click the Save Changes button.
Please note the following if you are going to change your e-mail address at JobsDB.
Before the new e-mail address is verified,
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to verify the new e-mail address.
- You have to login using the original e-mail address.
- No job applications and responses of resume requests can be sent to employers; instead, they will be put on hold for 3 days.
- No job alert, newsletter and promotional e-mails will be received.
- Employers who had obtained your resume (either through job application or your approval of resume requests) will still see your original e-mail address and may continue to contact you using the original e-mail address.
After the new e-mail address is verified,
- You have to login using the new e-mail address.
- If the new e-mail address is verified within 3 days of the job applications / responses of resume requests submission, job applications and responses of resume requests will be sent to the employers.
- Job alert, newsletter and promotional e-mails will be delivered to the new e-mail address.
- Employers who had obtained your resume (either through job application or your approval of resume requests) will see your new e-mail address and contact you using the new email address.